A training workshop for museum and gallery workers on the subject of Access to historical and cultural heritage for visually impaired people was held on 26.9.2019 from 10:30 to 14:00 at the Archaeological underpass in Plovdiv. The event was hosted by NRCB and Trakart Gallery.
It is part of the project BG05М9ОР001-2.011-0001 – „Expanding the Center for Mutual Assistance, Integration and Support” of the National Rehabilitation Center for the Blind – Plovdiv“ Project, funded by the Operational Programme for Human Resources Development, “Equal Chances” procedure.
Representatives of the Ethnographic Museum in Plovdiv, the Trakart Cultural Center, the Association of Tour Guides, the Regional History Museum in Plovdiv and the Archaeological Complex “Small Early Christian Basilica” were among the participants in the workshop.
The topics of discussion included:
– Attitudes of people with visual impairments to works of art
– Historical and cultural heritage
– Eye diseases that impair the overall perception of these works
– Creating an adapted environment for the visually impaired in museums and galleries
– Facilitating the understanding of these works for the visually impaired
– Practical and technical aspects of creating 2D tactile representations and 3D models, as well as the adapted presentation of works of cultural and historical heritage to visually impaired people.
The topics aroused great interest among the participants and they had many additional questions for the lecturers.