Objectives: General objective: To increase the opportunities for social inclusion of people with visual disabilities and to overcome their social exclusion by building and strengthening a new model of community relations within the established VIP Center.
Specific objectives: Creating prerequisites for building relationships with and among visually impaired people; Creating prerequisites for more active behavior and realization of the real labor market; Creating prerequisites for changing the attitude of the public on the possibilities of people with visual impairments; Raising public awareness of the prevention of socially significant diseases leading to loss of vision; Establish models of cooperation with institutions to integrate people with visual impairments.
Activity 1.1. Establishment of a network for mutual assistance, information and consultation - on-line Forum "Ask the Specialist" In the project "Ask the Specialist", the project will be used by both participants and will receive competent advice in solving certain problems. The network is targeted at a wide range of actors - both disabled people and their environment - institutions, social services, resource centers, labor offices, employers, specialists working with people with disabilities, families. The network will start with a number of thematic groups for which preliminary themes will be developed and will be placed as a free-access library resource for all persons registered in the network. If the library resource can not find an answer to the exciting question, the participant may ask the expert responsible for the designated thematic group.
Activity 1.2. Conduct a "Keep Your Vision" Information Campaign The activity will be related to the publication and dissemination of leaflets for diseases leading to reduced vision and loss of vision. Issues related to the prevention, diagnosis, lifestyle of these diseases will be addressed. 10 brochures for specific eye diseases will be issued to be distributed to social services; medical centers; specialized schools; resource centers; libraries in Plovdiv and Sofia, Day Care Centers, as well as being distributed to the general public by volunteers during the project's information events.
Activity 2.1. Support integrated education for children with impaired vision. Information campaign "Children with impaired vision - how to communicate with them". This will be aimed at creating co-operation between VIP Center, Resource Centers, Integrated schools and integrated children's families. In the integrated schools in Plovdiv and Sofia an information campaign will be held under the title: "Children with impaired vision - how to communicate with them". Workshops with resource teachers and families of integrated visually impaired children will be held to address issues related to learning.
Activity 2.2. Supporting the integration of visually impaired adults models of cooperation with labor offices and employers and social services in Plovdiv and Sofia will be developed.
Activity 3.1. Work for the professional realization of visually impaired people The activity will be carried out by labor mediators and psychologists on the territory of Sofia and Plovdiv, but candidates for work from all over the country will be able to be consulted and remotely on various problems on the labor market.
Activity 3.2. Trainings aimed at enhancing the personal potential of VIP Center users.
- Vocational guidance training in Plovdiv
- Training on acquiring skills for applying for employment on the free labor market held in Sofia and Plovdiv.
- Parenting trainings held in Sofia and Plovdiv.
- Consultations on the independence of visually impaired users - guidance and mobility; useful / everyday / skills; computer literacy; visual aid. They are held in Plovdiv
- Physical training and yoga therapy in Plovdiv
- Foreign Language Teaching in Plovdiv and Sofia.
Activity 3.3. Occupational therapy and rhythm therapy Within the framework of the project, the work therapy will be organized by training in pottery and making ceramic objects for decoration. Six group sessions on rhythm therapy will be organized - 3 in Plovdiv and Sofia
Activity 4.1 - Seminars, conferences, information campaigns, etc. - National Scientific and Practical Conference "Social Aspects of Impaired Vision" with lecturers from the Department of Psychophysiological Correction of Vision at the All-Russian Center for Ocular Surgery "Aloplant" with Dr. Ernst Muldashev, where many visually impaired Bulgarians are treating their eyesight, as well as the Department of Special Pedagogy at Sofia University "Kliment Ohridski". - Concluding Round Table for Results Reporting with a Press Conference and Exhibition of Ceramic Products.
2013 Project "Participation of the NRC in the Second European Fair of Social Enterprises and Cooperatives for People with Disabilities within the framework of the European Social Entrepreneurship Forum" - finished
- Participation in national appearances of NRC users in order to promote their achievements and opportunities for professional realization and social integration and their active position in the public life of the country
- Minimizing negative and inadequate attitudes towards people with reduced working capacity
- Overcoming the negative attitude of employers, mistrust and disregard for people with disabilities, by demonstrating their real skills and opportunities for full-time work and self-employment of their own earnings
- Overcome isolation and promote the visually impaired people as active citizens of society.
- Promoting visually impaired people's activities and attracting future users as well as manufacturers of technological equipment.
- Creating material conditions and methodological and organizational support for inclusion of enterprises and organizations of people with disabilities in public forums
- Promoting the achievements of the NRC users, absorbing new approaches in the organization's activities
- Exhibition of objects made by students at the NRCB at a stand in Pavilion N 6 of the Fairground
- Dissemination of advertising materials and information on the activities and services provided by the NRCB as well as on the current projects on which the organization operates
- Participation in the conference "Round tables on the problems of people with disabilities"
- Exchange of information on the introduction of new, modern technologies to assist and relieve the work of visually impaired people.
2012 Project "Specialized textbooks for the needs of the vocational training in Massage for the visually impaired" - finished
The specific purpose of the project was to develop (conceptual) and elaborate (material part) a textbook on Massage in two different formats, assisting and carrying out the vocational training of the visually impaired persons in the NRCB, as well as supplementing and refreshing the available knowledge of already trained masseurs. The textbook makes it easier for both the learners themselves to adapt their training and the professionals doing it, which would lead to increased educational, labor and social integration of the visually impaired. The main objective of the project was to support the raising of the educational and qualification level of people with disabilities, which creates prerequisites for overcoming the social and labor isolation, raising their public significance and their personal self-esteem.
Activity 1: Developing and adapting a textbook on Massage for the purpose of Vocational Training for Visually Impaired Masseurs, implemented in the NRCB.
Activity 2: Review of the developed textbook on Massage
Activity 3: Develop a textbook correction for massage
Activity 4: Braille correction of Massage textbook
Activity 5: Publishing a textbook on Massage in braille format in print 50, binding and shaping of the book bodies.
Activity 6: Processing and preparing to print an enlarged textbook of the Body Textbook
Activity 7: Publishing a textbook of Massage in enlarged print in 150 copies, binding and shaping of the book bodies.
Through the project-provided textbooks for vocational training, counseling and refreshing of knowledge, the target group was actually involved in the training process and a certain personal realization in the future for each individual who had completed the vocational training course. The focus of the project not only on visually impaired people but also on their environment in the face of their teachers has created more added value for their joint work, increased their motivation to make more efforts to find the necessary realization and borrowing a dignified place in life and society.
Purpose: The aim of the project was to give publicity and celebrate the 45th anniversary of the National Rehabilitation Center for the Blind by presenting to the public the creativity of visually impaired people in the field of art and crafts.
Activity 1: Preparation of Exhibits
Beneficiaries were familiar with the idea of organizing the exhibition with their works. They then created and presented their works or photos to the organizers. A committee composed of the NRCB has selected works of all categories - ceramics, knitting, drawings, accessories. Prepare a short annotation of each work.
Activity 2: Arranging and holding an exhibition in Plovdiv
Approved works were transported to the exhibition hall and arranged. The exhibition was officially opened 4 months from the start of the project and was exhibited for one week.
Activity 3: Preparation and holding of a conference: "The role of art therapy in the training and rehabilitation of the visually impaired"
Within this activity, two conference papers were prepared over a period of 2 months. The conference took place during the exhibition. Representatives of the local government, non-profit organizations of and for disabled people, experts, as well as representatives of the target group were invited.
Activity 4: Official opening of the exhibition in Sofia
The exhibition, presented to the public in Plovdiv, was moved to the Youth Theater in Sofia. The exhibition lasted two days, after which the exhibits were transported to the building of the UBB.
Activity 5: Video recording and production of a multimedia product for the event.
Hired was an external contractor for filming the event in Sofia and producing a multimedia product.
- Prepared and arranged exhibition in Plovdiv
- Open and held exhibition in Plovdiv
- Conference "The Role of Art Therapy in the Training and Rehabilitation of the Visually Impaired" in Plovdiv during the exhibition.
- Organized exhibition in Sofia, Youth Theater "N. Binev "and a solemn opening in honor of the coming jubilee celebrations.
- Video capture; Making a multimedia product from the event
- Establishment of the exhibition exhibits in the lobby of the building of the UBB - Sofia
Page 2 of 4